PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY
The Cheshire Garden Landscape Design is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations, the data controller is The Cheshire Garden Landscape Design, of 13 Dee Fords Avenue, Chester, CH3 5UP. Our Data Protection Manager is Jane Bingham.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
- This is information about you that you give us when we are instructed by you to provide you with a garden design or a garden proposal. It also includes when you correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us will include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photographs.
Information we collect about you and how we use it
- We collect the information detailed above about you so that we can correspond with you whether by letter, email or telephone (including where appropriate Skype or FaceTime calls) to carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. We will give you your preferred option of correspondence but will, in any event, follow this up in writing to you be it by letter or email.
- We may also use your information to contact other organisations be they individuals, organisations, public bodies including local authorities and other third parties that we may need to contact to progress and process your matter. We will make sure that you know when we use your information to contact these third parties although there may be certain, emergency circumstances when we are prevented from doing so.
- There may be times where we will seek your specific, written consent to contact a third party and we will advise you of this if this becomes necessary.
- If you apply for a job vacancy we will use the information to contact you and your references and may, with your consent, run criminal and credit records checks on you.
- If you opt in to receive marketing information from us we will use your information to send you our newsletters and other correspondence which we think may interest you about us. If you are a new client, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you only if you have consented to this. If you do want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
Information we receive from other sources
This is information we receive about you if you have been referred to us by any third parties. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored in our office at 13 Dee Fords Avenue, Chester, CH3 5UP as well as on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
For how long do we store your personal data? When your matter is finished we will retain your information for a period of time that is appropriate for your matter. We will mark your matter and your personal data to be destroyed after seven years.
You have the right to access information held about you. In addition, you can request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data. If this is something that you want to do please contact us.
Further, you are entitled to request that your personal data be transferred to another person and you also have the right to complain to a supervisory authority if you believe that we are misusing your personal data.
You may wish to contact our Data Protection Manager if you do have any concerns In addition you can also refer any concerns that you may have regarding the use of your personal data to the Information Commissioners Office whose contact details are:
Information Commissioners Office
Telephone Number 0303 123 1113